Thursday 25 July 2013

The Royal Baby

Last night, I was breastfeeding Anton and reading articles on my iPhone, when I came across this fascinating post about the dress Kate wore when the couple presented their baby to the world. "Kate’s unabashed baby belly busts the last taboo of pregnancy," wrote the Daily Beast.
When I saw the photo of her beautiful high-waisted dress, which unapologetically highlighted her postpartum belly, I was actually surprised to find myself flooded with relief. As a new mom, I found it enormously refreshing that she wasn't trying to hide her shape. You definitely still look pregnant for the first couple weeks after having a baby, and that's normal and healthy. Obviously, this shouldn't really be a big deal, but these days so many celebrities try to show how quickly they bounce back, and, here, Kate was more honest. The dress was definitely a thoughtful choice she made (versus wearing baggy clothes or holding the baby in front of her), since she's so careful about what she wears, and she knows how much scrutiny she's under, and I love her for that. What do you think?
P.S. On a lighter note, George Costanza's response to the baby's name... :)

(Photos by Scott Heavey and Peter Macdiarmid for Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment